The opportunity has arisen for a Health and Safety Manager at our Hoddesdon Site.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the site Safety, Health and Environmental systems.
- To ensure all plant, equipment and buildings are adequately maintained so as not to compromise health and safety.
- To ensure that all staff comply to all the relevant Health & Safety legislation, therefore ensuring that all staff are safe in their working environment
- Promote Environmental and Health and Safety best practices, ensuring wellbeing of all staff on site in accordance with the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Ensure contractors working on site adhere to company and legal rules, procedures and relevant legislation and sign all safe systems, permits and authorisation at work.
- Ensure that all financial and budgetary controls are applied and identify cost savings.
- Recommend replacement of Plant and Equipment in line with company procedures.
- Develop positive relationships with other members of the management team, colleagues and team members. Ensure that morale levels within the team are regularly monitored and methods of improving staff communication are identified.
- To identify all new duties performed on and off site, and undertake risk assessment.
- To ensure safe working practices are written and followed through
- To train & re-train staff on the safe working practices through the department managers
- To maintain training matrix, to enable all training to be recorded and re-training dates to be adhered to.
- To chair the Depot Safety Management meetings
- To manage and control all accident reporting procedures, ensuring that all information is factual, and conforms to the latest H&S regulations for warehouse and transport departments
- Financial management; ability to read and understand budgets, and to manage contractors and employees to work within them.
- People management: to create a team environment with all staff being utilised to their full potential.
- Communication skills: to be able to communicate with all levels within the operation.
- Develop and monitor HSE performance and progress, prepare and maintain required HSE records and reports.
- Coordinate and execute internal and third party HSE audits.
Experience and Qualifications
- Must hold a NEBOSH qualification with minimum of 3-5 years’ experience within manufacturing/logistics.
- Ability to build effective team relationships, ensuring that team members are committed to depot objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and possess excellent influencing, negotiating and motivational skills.
- Understand the nature of costs and benefits to the company both qualitative and quantitative.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and comprehension of Health and Safety and Hygiene issues.
- Understand how to utilise Performance Management techniques.
- Understand Company policies and how to implement and interpret these to gain maximum benefits for the company.
Willing to be totally flexible to meet the needs of a seven-day a week operation.
To apply please forward your CV by clicking the button below.Apply for this job